Viaventure has just returned from the 2012 ATTA Adventure Summit in Lucerne.
As a global networking, business strategy, professional development, promotional and educational force, the ATTA exists to:
- Promote and grow the adventure travel market
- Provide exclusive professional support, development, marketing, business building and cost-saving resources to ATTA members
- Provide a unifying voice for the industry that promotes and facilitates knowledge sharing, networking and a common vision
- Research, anticipate, interpret and share travel, consumer and industry trends
- Identify, understand and rally industry leaders to tackle pressing issues, while propelling growth initiatives
- Define “adventure travel” and establish “best practices” and operating standards
- Encourage sustainable and environmentally and culturally sensitive adventure travel practices
Welcome home from Lucerne and thank you for making the 2012 Adventure Travel World Summit such a tremendous success this year! We are proud to have delegates and members like you who are dedicated to moving the industry forward in careful and thoughtful ways. It was a high-impact week for us all. Together, we heard provocative and purposeful perspectives from leaders of the UNWTO, Google, WWF, PEAK Adventures and other influential organizations and voices. As we absorb learnings from our time together in Switzerland, let’s also leap ahead and commit to the 2013 ATWS in Namibia and work together to continue to challenge companies and governments to consider our collective responsibility in tourism. Please take a moment to reflect on our week together and the partnerships and friendships created that make the PROSPER side of our 2012 ATWS theme resonate so fully.
– The ATTA Team